Halstead WEA website Here:
The official opening of the HALSTEAD COMMUNITY FRIDGE
Colchester Park and Ride stops
- Colchester General Hospital (Hospital Path stop)
- Colchester Station (Colchester North Station stop)
- The Octagon and other business premises (Middleborough stop)
- Town Centre (High Street, St. John’s Street and Head Street stops).
Travel along dedicated bus lanes, by-passing the traffic. On your return journey from the town centre, you may save time by getting on board at Head Street. Look out for our black bus shelters and electronic displays in town.
A daily ticket allows unlimited travel on Park and Ride buses along the route. Tickets issued on the Park and Ride service in Colchester are not valid for use on the Park and Ride services in Chelmsford.
How to buy your ticket
- Tickets are available from the on-site ticket machines, which take cash or credit/debit card.
- Tickets may be purchased from the driver if you are not driving and/or are joining the bus along the route.
- Group fares are only available from the driver or via the Arriva m-ticket (see below).
Buying tickets online
- You may purchase any fare online from the Arriva m-ticket. For more information go to the Arriva m-ticket website
- Using Park Jockey online ticketing in advance is a good option for parking on large event days and for other fares. For more information go to the Park Jockey website
- Adult daily: £3 (Monday to Saturday)
- Adult weekly season ticket: £12
- Adult monthly season ticket: £48 (per calendar month)
- Group daily: £5 (Monday to Saturday after 9am)
- Children (aged between 5 and 15 years inclusive) - daily £1
- Children under 5 years’ old travel for free at all time
If you travel in a group, please purchase your ticket from the driver for travel after 9am. The deal applies to up to two adults and up to three children. The group must travel together to qualify for this fare.
Sit back, relax and enjoy your time together.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays. If you have an older person’s bus pass you do not need to use the ticket machines.
When you use the Park and Ride for the first time you need to take your pass and vehicle registration details to the help desk in the Park and Ride building to register, which you only need to do once.
Parking for football matches and events at the Weston Homes Community Stadium is sometimes available. Prices may vary for football matches, special events and concerts. The car park has extended opening times on these occasions.
Routes and timetables
Buses leave site at least every 15 minutes Monday to Friday from 05.30am. Last bus leaves town just after 9pm. Saturday from 7am – 7pm. No service on Sundays or bank holidays unless otherwise stated. Bus priority measures along the route and journey times of as little as 8 minutes to Colchester Station and 12 minutes to the Town Centre.
DaRT means demand responsive or Dial and Ride Transport. It is formed of a number of minibus vehicles, typically accommodating between 8 and 16 passengers. These minibuses operate a range of bus services serving rural communities where conventional buses are not viable operations. They differ from normal bus services, in that they are totally flexible and can divert on and off route to collect and drop off passengers within their operating area. DaRT works by grouping bookings together to make it viable. It is not a taxi service, as there must be sufficient volume of passengers with similar itineraries. Most DaRT work, is former bus routes, and group bookings. But unlike a large bus, DaRT only needs three or four passengers to make a group booking. And, when not operating a timetabled bus route or group booking, vehicles may be available for individual runs where no alternative transport is available. DaRT operates between 0600 and 2000 Mondays to Saturdays inclusive.
Also, unlike a conventional bus, you need to book your seat, and register as a customer, at least two hours in advance of travel, and can book up to three months in advance of travel. But, if you travel regularly, you do not need to book every single time you travel, as you can make a regular booking which lasts for three months.
To get more information download a leaflet from here visit the Essex DaRT site here: or call Essex DaRT on 01621 874411.
- DaRT 3
- Dart 3 operates in North East Braintree and takes passengers from Alphamstone, Ashen, Belchamp Otten, Belchamp St. Paul, Belchamp Walter, Birdbrook, Borley, Bulmer, Bures Hamlet, Colne Engaine, Earls Colne, Foxearth, Great Henny, Great Yeldham, Greenstead Green. Halstead Town, Lamarsh, Liston, Little Henny, Little Yeldham, Middleton, Ovington, Pebmarsh, Pentlow, Ridgewell, Stambourne, Steeple Bumpstead, Tilbury Juxta Clare, Toppesfield, Twinstead, Wickham St. Paul and White Colne to Haverhill, Sudbury and Halstead.
- DaRT 3 Additional Areas – Bulmer, Gestingthorpe, Great Maplestead, Little Maplestead, Pebmarsh, Wickham St Paul have a new flexible service to Sudbury and Halstead. This replaces the Services 11/12/13 operated by Regal Busways from 29 August 2017
The New timetable for the bus to Sudbury from 29 August 2017 can be downloaded from here