8th Halstead U3A Queen’s Hall, Chipping Hill 10.00am – 12.00pm
9th Halstead Wine & Social Club Queen’s Hall, Chipping Hill 7.30pm – 10.30pm
4th Full Council Meeting members of the public welcome, Queen’s Hall, Chipping Hill 7.15pm
16th Halstead Townswomen’s Guild St Andrews Large Hall, Parsonage Street 2.00pm
16th Community 360 – Winter Resilience Road Show Queen’s Hall, Chipping Hill 10.30am-12.30pm
17th Halstead Social & Tea Dance Queen’s Hall, Chipping Hill 2.00pm Tel: 07834 467136 for details
17th Halstead & District History Society AGM Baptist Church, Hedingham Rd, 7.30pm £5.00 for Visitors
23rd Police Community Meeting Queen’s Hall, Chipping Hill 7.00pm – 9.00pm
18th /19th/ 20th 26th Mother Goose Pantomime Empire Theatre, Butler Road, all tickets £10.00 shows start at 2.30pm & 7.30pm - call box office on 07778025490 between 12.00noon & 10.00pm or book on the website at : www.empire-theatre.co.uk
Halstead Heritage Museum, Closed until 3 February 2019 Ring Jim Davis. 07765 406254 for details
Monday Halstead Road Runners - Courtaulds Sports Ground 6.45pm-7.45pm
Monday Halstead Art Group - British Legion Hall, The Causeway 7.00pm-9.00pm
Tuesday Work Club – Halstead Library, Bridge Street, 10.00am -12.00 noon – Tel: 0345 6037628
Tuesday Gentle Yoga – United Reformed Church, Kings Rd 10.30am -11.45am – Tel: 07941 351689
Tuesday Weightwatchers – Queen’s Hall 5.30pm -7.00pm – Tel: 08457 123000 for details
Tuesday Adult Latin American Dance Class – Queen’s Hall 8.00pm -8.45pm – Tel: 07834 467136
Wednesday Halstead Road Runners - Courtaulds Sports Ground 7.30pm -8.30pm
Thursday Slimming World - Halstead Town Football Ground, Rosemary Lane 9.30am – 11.00am
Thursday Slimming World - Holy Trinity School, Beridge Rd 5.30pm & 7.30pm
Thursday Vinyasa Yoga - Queen’s Hall 7.00pm-8.00pm – Tel: 07546 223341 for details
Friday Weightwatchers - Queen’s Hall 9.00am -10.00am – Tel: 08457 123000 for details
Saturday Slimming World - Holy Trinity School, Beridge Rd 9.00am – 10.30am
Please note: The office’s normal opening hours are 9.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday
To have your event in Halstead included on future posters, please contact Halstead Town Council on 01787 476480
Halstead WEA website Here:
Great fun was had by all who attended the Senior Citizen's Christmas parties at the Queen's Hall on Thursday 6 December and Friday 7 December.
Halstead Town Council and the Outing's Couriers, hosted the event, along with Councillors and other Volunteers, who all worked extremely hard to make the parties so enjoyable. The entertainment was provided by Andy Farrow, who done a fantastic job of entertaining the guests and the helpers.
A big thank you to East of England Solar, who provided all the mince pies and Christmas crackers, plus two fantastic hampers. Also a big thank you to all the companies that donated prizes for the raffles.
Some of the Prizes kindly donated by local businesses
Ready for the Guests to arrive on Thursday
Lets get this party started!
Some of our Fantastic staff and helpers!
Ready for the Guests to arrive on Friday
All seated and ready for the party to begin!
Time for a Dance
Details of Trips 2019
Colchester Park and Ride stops
- Colchester General Hospital (Hospital Path stop)
- Colchester Station (Colchester North Station stop)
- The Octagon and other business premises (Middleborough stop)
- Town Centre (High Street, St. John’s Street and Head Street stops).
Travel along dedicated bus lanes, by-passing the traffic. On your return journey from the town centre, you may save time by getting on board at Head Street. Look out for our black bus shelters and electronic displays in town.
A daily ticket allows unlimited travel on Park and Ride buses along the route. Tickets issued on the Park and Ride service in Colchester are not valid for use on the Park and Ride services in Chelmsford.
How to buy your ticket
- Tickets are available from the on-site ticket machines, which take cash or credit/debit card.
- Tickets may be purchased from the driver if you are not driving and/or are joining the bus along the route.
- Group fares are only available from the driver or via the Arriva m-ticket (see below).
Buying tickets online
- You may purchase any fare online from the Arriva m-ticket. For more information go to the Arriva m-ticket website
- Using Park Jockey online ticketing in advance is a good option for parking on large event days and for other fares. For more information go to the Park Jockey website
- Adult daily: £3 (Monday to Saturday)
- Adult weekly season ticket: £12
- Adult monthly season ticket: £48 (per calendar month)
- Group daily: £5 (Monday to Saturday after 9am)
- Children (aged between 5 and 15 years inclusive) - daily £1
- Children under 5 years’ old travel for free at all time
If you travel in a group, please purchase your ticket from the driver for travel after 9am. The deal applies to up to two adults and up to three children. The group must travel together to qualify for this fare.
Sit back, relax and enjoy your time together.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays. If you have an older person’s bus pass you do not need to use the ticket machines.
When you use the Park and Ride for the first time you need to take your pass and vehicle registration details to the help desk in the Park and Ride building to register, which you only need to do once.
Parking for football matches and events at the Weston Homes Community Stadium is sometimes available. Prices may vary for football matches, special events and concerts. The car park has extended opening times on these occasions.
Routes and timetables
Buses leave site at least every 15 minutes Monday to Friday from 05.30am. Last bus leaves town just after 9pm. Saturday from 7am – 7pm. No service on Sundays or bank holidays unless otherwise stated. Bus priority measures along the route and journey times of as little as 8 minutes to Colchester Station and 12 minutes to the Town Centre.
More Articles ...
- Essex DaRT 3 Service - Link to online Survey
- Walk & Talk Monthly Walks
- Essex DaRT 3 Service
- Pickleball Club at Halstead Leisure Centre
- Service 88 Quality Bus Partnership
- St Helena Hospice Shop Needs YOU
- Halstead Food Bank
- Broomfield Hospital Shuttle Bus
- Hospital Volunteer Opportunities
- Payments to Halstead Town Council