Colchester Park and Ride stops
- Colchester General Hospital (Hospital Path stop)
- Colchester Station (Colchester North Station stop)
- The Octagon and other business premises (Middleborough stop)
- Town Centre (High Street, St. John’s Street and Head Street stops).
Travel along dedicated bus lanes, by-passing the traffic. On your return journey from the town centre, you may save time by getting on board at Head Street. Look out for our black bus shelters and electronic displays in town.
A daily ticket allows unlimited travel on Park and Ride buses along the route. Tickets issued on the Park and Ride service in Colchester are not valid for use on the Park and Ride services in Chelmsford.
How to buy your ticket
- Tickets are available from the on-site ticket machines, which take cash or credit/debit card.
- Tickets may be purchased from the driver if you are not driving and/or are joining the bus along the route.
- Group fares are only available from the driver or via the Arriva m-ticket (see below).
Buying tickets online
- You may purchase any fare online from the Arriva m-ticket. For more information go to the Arriva m-ticket website
- Using Park Jockey online ticketing in advance is a good option for parking on large event days and for other fares. For more information go to the Park Jockey website
- Adult daily: £3 (Monday to Saturday)
- Adult weekly season ticket: £12
- Adult monthly season ticket: £48 (per calendar month)
- Group daily: £5 (Monday to Saturday after 9am)
- Children (aged between 5 and 15 years inclusive) - daily £1
- Children under 5 years’ old travel for free at all time
If you travel in a group, please purchase your ticket from the driver for travel after 9am. The deal applies to up to two adults and up to three children. The group must travel together to qualify for this fare.
Sit back, relax and enjoy your time together.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays. If you have an older person’s bus pass you do not need to use the ticket machines.
When you use the Park and Ride for the first time you need to take your pass and vehicle registration details to the help desk in the Park and Ride building to register, which you only need to do once.
Parking for football matches and events at the Weston Homes Community Stadium is sometimes available. Prices may vary for football matches, special events and concerts. The car park has extended opening times on these occasions.
Routes and timetables
Buses leave site at least every 15 minutes Monday to Friday from 05.30am. Last bus leaves town just after 9pm. Saturday from 7am – 7pm. No service on Sundays or bank holidays unless otherwise stated. Bus priority measures along the route and journey times of as little as 8 minutes to Colchester Station and 12 minutes to the Town Centre.