HALSTEAD TOWN COUNCIL RECEIVES AWARD IN NATIONAL SCHEME
Halstead Town Council has been awarded a prestigious award as part of the Local Council Award Scheme. This achievement recognises that the council achieves good practice in governance, community engagement and council improvement. Moreover, Halstead Town Council goes above and beyond their legal obligations, leading their communities and continuously seeking opportunities to improve and develop even further.
The Award Scheme report highlighted the council’s particular areas of strength, including its action plan and annual town report, and community engagement and grant giving policies.
The Local Council Award Scheme is a peer assessed programme that has been designed to both provide the tools and encouragement to those councils at the beginning of their improvement journeys, as well as promoting and recognising councils that are at the cutting edge of the sector. It is through the sector working together to share best practice, drive up standards and supporting those who are committed to improving their offer to their communities that individual councils and the sector as a whole will reach its full potential.
In terms of the future, the council is now preparing itself for the next level of the award scheme, the Quality award, and reviewing ways in which it can continue to improve its offer to the local community and welcomes input from local people and partners on this. Halstead Town Council and other local councils like it, are at the front line of the government’s localism agenda and are doing as much as they can to deliver services whilst being efficient and cost-effective. Currently the council provides a range of services from Community events such as the annual torchlight procession and lights switch-on to advice on planning and support of local organisations. and wants to improve its community engagement through this.
More Articles ...
- What's on in Halstead January 2019
- Halstead WEA Course - The Impact of the Beatles
- Local Elections 2019
- Halstead & District Local History Society 2019 Program
- Senior Citizens' Christmas Parties 2018
- Halstead Social & Tea Dance Monthly Meetings
- COLCHESTER PARK AND RIDE - new stops & longer hours
- Tuesday Work Club at Halstead Library
- River Colne Q&A from the Environment Agency
- Essex DaRT 3 Service - Link to online Survey
- Walk & Talk Monthly Walks
- Essex DaRT 3 Service
- Pickleball Club at Halstead Leisure Centre
- Service 88 Quality Bus Partnership
- St Helena Hospice Shop Needs YOU
- Halstead Food Bank
- Broomfield Hospital Shuttle Bus
- Hospital Volunteer Opportunities
- Payments to Halstead Town Council