Halstead Town Council
Town Council Meeting
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Andy Munday - Chairman
Councillor Mick Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. b) Update from HAPPY group with presentation
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 13th January 2020.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume – report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
20/00030/FUL- Frank Vaizey House, Colne Valley Close, Halstead - Removal of external timber railings/handrails and replace with metal railings
20/00027/FUL - Trinity Court, Halstead, Essex - Installation of replacement railings/panels to communal area to rear courtyard elevation.
19/02185/HH - 1 Orville, Mallows Field, Halstead - Erection of outbuilding to be used as workshop.
20/00071/FUL - Blamsters Oak, Mount Hill, Halstead - Change of use of the staff training area and a portion of the existing office area to a self-contained one bedroomed supported living unit. A portion of the office space will be retained for office purposes.
20/00121/HH - 1 Tidings Hill, Halstead, Essex - Single storey extension to existing outbuilding in order to create annexe Accommodation
20/00154/FUL - 1 Windmill Road, Halstead, Essex - Erection of a detached 3 bedroom dwelling and new vehicular access
20/00141/FUL - 46 Beridge Road, Halstead, Essex - Proposed extensions to form two storey two bedroom dwelling.
20/00178/HH - 21 Ozier Field, Halstead, Essex - Erection of a single storey front porch
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements – report attached here
7 Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) To receive the Income and expenditure report for the month of January.– report attached here
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts– report attached here
d) To approve the use of the Lloyds Bank account to make online payments and appoint at least one more signatory – report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal report
a) verbal update from H4C
b) verbal update from HTC working group
9. District Councillors - written/verbal report
a) Written report Cllr Radley - report attached here
10. To receive reports from Champions
Open spaces and river
11. To receive an update on the Riverside bridge – report attached here
12. To receive a report on Holy Trinity Wall – report attached here
13. To receive a report on Electric Vehicle charging – report attached here
14. To raise an objection to parking restrictions on King’s Road – report attached here
15. To approve the tender document for Christmas lights contract – report attached here
16. To approve the Minutes of the meeting of the events group held on 13 January 2020 – report attached here
17. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
18. To consider a maintenance matter
5 February 2020