Halstead Town Council
Town Council Meeting
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Andy Munday - Chairman
Councillor Mick Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Presentation of Local Council Foundation award certificate from EALC by Amanda Brown, Parish Council development officer
b) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 16th September 2019.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume
a) The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
19/01578/ADV - 95 - 97 High Street, Halsted, Essex - 1 No. fascia sign and 2 No. projecting signs
19/01641/HH - Parsonage House, Parsonage Street, Halstead - Construction of new garage, demolition of existing
19/01634/FUL & 19/01635/LBC - 38 High Street, Halstead, Essex - Proposed second storey rear extension, internal alterations and change of use from A2 to B1
19/01648/FUL - Land Adj 19 Second Avenue, Bluebridge Industrial Estate, Halstead - Proposed B2 industrial unit
19/01693/FUL - Sainsbury's, 48A High Street, Halstead - Installation of new and replacement plant.
ESS/69/19/BTE - Halstead Anaerobic Digestion Facility, Land north of Bluebridge Industrial Estate, Halstead, Essex - Continued operation of the anaerobic digestion plant without compliance with condition 2 (approved details) and 4 (hours of operation) attached to permission ref ESS/27/18/BTE to allow the installation of ancillary structures/tanks and deliveries to take place on Sundays and Bank/Public Holidays.
19/00168/OUT - Land West of Sudbury Road, Halstead - Outline planning permission for up to 200 residential dwellings (including 30% affordable housing), planting, landscaping, public open space and children's play area and sustainable drainage system (SUDS). All matters reserved with the exception of access.
BDC are aware that this application has already come up at HTC, and that strong objections were raised. It is brought before Council again as some changes have been made in terms of access, and therefore for completeness it should be reconsidered.
19/01768/HH - Demolition of side extension and out-buildings and proposed 2 storey side extension. 46 Beridge Road, Halstead
5a) to note a request from residents of Oak Road – report attached here
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements -report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) To receive the Income and expenditure report for the month of September. – report attached here
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts– report attached here
d) To approve the holding of a pre-budget meeting – report attached here
e) To approve the purchase of a replacement PA system – report attached here
f) To propose a change of internal auditor – report attached here
8. Community Hall
a) verbal update from H4C
b) verbal update from HTC working group
Chairman to suspend Standing orders
9. Youth – verbal update
Chairman to reinstate Standing orders
10. To receive reports from District Councillors - verbal update/written reports Councillor M Radley's report attached here
11. To receive Champions’ updates – verbal updates/written reports
a) verbal update from Police champions
b) written update from surgery champions – report attached here
12. To receive an update on the Footbridge – report attached here
13. To approve dates for Staff Advisory Committee meetings – report attached here
14. To approve dates for Council meetings 2020/21 – report attached here
15. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk
7 October 19