Halstead Town Council
Town Council Meeting
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Andy Munday - Chairman
Councillor Mick Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council Meeting held on 12th August 2019
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting. Planning report attached here
19/01391/VAR - Land East of Sudbury Road, Halstead - Application for a variation of Conditions 10 & 21 of planning permission 18/01749/FUL - Revised construction management plan.
19/01396/HH - Wash Farm Barn, Hedingham Road, Halstead - Erection of a detached cartlodge and alterations to existing garage.
18/01100/FUL (AMENDED) - Framcombe, Upper Chapel Street, Halstead - Proposed new dwelling house
18/01876/OUT (AMENDED) – Land North of Oak Road, Halstead – Outline planning application (all matters reserved) for up to 70 residential dwellings, public open space and associated development.
Current Planning Application - Land North of Oak Road, Halstead 18/01876/OUT
The District Council has recently re-consulted the Town Council concerning the above development and the proposals now before the District Council to increase the number of dwellings up to a maximum of 70 dwellings and I await the comments of the Town Council and other consultees before I can consider a recommendation and reporting this application to the District Council’s Planning Committee.
Notwithstanding the fact that the Town Council may choose to maintain their objection to the development, Officers would usually contact the Town or Parish Council to find out how they would like the potential financial contributions for Outdoor Sport and Allotments to be spent, in the event that planning permission were granted. We would encourage the Town Council to provide their preferences at this stage to ensure that they can be considered in the event that planning permission were to be granted. Please note that I would not in any way take statements made by the Town Council on this matter as implying support for the current planning application.
In the event that planning permission is granted the actual level of financial contributions will not be known until the final number and mix of housing is known, however as a guide I would advise that a development of 70 dwellings could generate a financial contribution of approximately £50,000 for Outdoor Sport (which can cover pitches and facilities for sports such as football, rugby, tennis, hockey, cricket) and for the provision of new or improved allotments within the town a contribution of approximately £1500.
19/01528/HH - 63 New Street, Halstead, Essex - Existing conservatory roof changed to flat roof with lantern, conversion of garage into habitable room. Single storey rear extension to garage.
19/01488/FUL & 19/01489/LBC - 54 Chapel Hill, Halstead, Essex - Conversion of former public house into three apartments
19/01532/OUT - Land Adjacent to Crowbridge Farm, Chapel Hill, Halstead - Outline application for up to 40 dwellings with associated infrastructure and public open space.
19/01499/REM - Land at Greenways, Balls Chase, Halstead - Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval
16/00802/OUT - Approval of Reserved Matters (layout, scale, appearance, and landscaping) comprising the construction of 14 dwellings
19/01521/HHPA - 35 Harvey Street, Halstead - Erection of single storey rear extension. Extension will extend beyond rear wall of the original house by 5m, with a maximum height of 4m and 2.7m to the eaves of the extension.
19/01601/HH - 6 Portway Court, Halstead, Essex - Side extension over existing garage
5a. Public Art design for St Andrews Gate - report attached here
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements - report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) To receive the Income and expenditure report for the month of August. – report attached here
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts– report attached here
d) To approve the purchase of a string of lights for Christmas tree– report attached here
e) To propose the purchase of a new PA system for indoor and outdoor events – report attached here
f) To approve expenditure of £350 for repairs to Empire roof - report attached here
g) To approve external auditor report – report attached here
8. Community Hall
a) verbal update from H4C
b) verbal update from HTC working group
Chairman to suspend Standing orders
9. Youth – verbal update
Chairman to reinstate Standing orders
10. District Councillors - verbal update/written reports Cllr Andy Munday's report attached here
a) Open spaces and the river – verbal report
b) Surgery – verbal report
c) Police – verbal report
13. To receive an update on the Footbridge – report attached here
14. To consider actions to counteract climate change – report attached here
15. To review security at Courtaulds Sports Ground – report attached here
16. To receive a report of meeting of Town Team funds working group – report attached here
17. Special Motion Scheme of Delegation – report attached here
18. To propose that HTC considers the feasibility of preparing a Neighbourhood Plan – report attached here
19. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
20. To clarify the identity of committees and working groups at Halstead Town Council
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk 9/9/19