Halstead Town Council
Town Council Meeting
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Andy Munday - Chairman
Councillor Mick Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council Meeting held on 10th June 2019
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume, Vice-Chair Councillor Pell- report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
19/01054/HH - 44 Hedingham Road, Halstead, CO9 2DJ - Replacement retaining wall.
19/00899/FUL - Land at, East Mill, Halstead - Erection of 4 no. two bedroom seni-detached properties and 1 no. bungalow (to replace existing garage).
19/01060/HH - 1 Knowles Close, Halstead, Essex - Construction of ground/first floor rear extension.
19/01093/HH - 11 Ashlong Grove, Halstead, Essex - Single storey side / rear with first floor extension
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements -report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Monthly Finance report. – report attached here
c) Reconciliation – report attached here
b) Working group for the Community hub – report attached here
Chair to suspend Standing Orders to allow former Cllr Penn to speak
9. Youth – verbal update - HAPPY report attached here
Chair to reinstate Standing Orders
10. District Councillors - verbal update
11. Grant applications received – report attached here
12. Footbridge update – verbal update - report attached here
13. Halstead Community Fridge – report attached here
14. Scheme of delegation - report attached here
15. Poll of public feeling – report attached here
16. Welcome pack for new residents – report attached here
17. Champions – report attached here
19. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
20. Car parks
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk 8/7/19