Halstead Town Council
Town Council Meeting
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Mick Radley
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council Meeting held on 15th April 2019
5. Planning Applications. Due to the fact that the new Chair and Vicechair of Planning will have been elected the same evening, it has been decided that those holding those offices for the previous year will chair this meeting. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume, Vice-Chair Councillor Pell- report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
19/00616/HH - 9 Pear Tree Close, Halstead, Essex - Construction of ground floor side/rear and first floor front extensions and part conversion of existing garage into habitable space.
19/00531/FUL - 66 Broton Drive, Halstead, Essex - Construction of a new Workshop-Storage Unit.
19/00709/HH - 12 Ravens Avenue, Halstead, Essex - Replacement of flat roofed front porch with a pitched roof and installation of new windows to ground floor front elevation.
19/00684/ADV - Land East of, Sudbury Road, Halstead - Application for a non-illuminated sign with two adjacent flags, with an additional 10 flags along Sudbury Road. Hoarding along Sudbury Road with graphics.
19/00730/HH & 19/000731/LBC - The Howe, Howe chase, Hedingham Road - Extension and associated internal alterations
19/00752/FUL & 19/00753/LBC - Brook Farm House, Colchester Road,Halstead - Proposed conversion of garage to dwelling and new driveway access
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements - report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. Due to the fact that the new Chair and Vicechair of Finance will have been elected the same evening, it has been decided that those holding those offices for the previous year will chair this meeting. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley, Vice-Chair Councillor D Gronland
a) 2017/18 Financial accounts and current assets – report attached here
b) Internal auditor’s report - report attached here
c) Approval of annual governance statement - report attached here
d) Approval of Accounting statements for audit – report attached here
e) Approval of Direct Debits for Financial Year 2019/20 – report attached here
f) Monthly Finance report – report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal update
9. Youth – verbal update
10. District Councillors - verbal update
11. Footbridge – verbal update
12. Road names for land East of Sudbury Road – report attached here
13. Review of banking arrangements - report attached here
14. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
Sarah Greatorex - Town Clerk
7 May 2019