Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor A Munday - Chairman
Councillor M Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor Mrs S A Diver
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor G Warren
Members of the Council are summonsed to the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Presentation of cheque to Veronica Harman of Halstead Day Centre by Town Clerk
b) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 18th March 2019.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume - report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
19/00427/ADV - 39 High Street, Halstead, Essex - Replacement signage; 1 no. externally illuminated Fasci Sign, 1 no. externally illuminated Projecting Sign and 1 no. internally illuminated poster frame.
19/00411/LBC - 39 High Street, Halstead, Essex - Replacement of existing externally illuminated painted timber Fascia Sign and Projecting Sign; repainting of existing painted aluminium framed shopfronts and principal entrance door; replacement of existing window manifestation; replacement of existing shopfront poster frames; creation of internal bin store for tenants of flats above; replacement of existing counter, counter door and adjoining partition wall; replacement of existing suspended ceiling and lighting; replacement of existing floor and wall finishes.
19/00431/FUL - 1 Chapel Street, Halstead, Essex - Proposed first floor extension to create office space.
19/00455/HH - 11 Ashlong Grove, Halstead, Essex - Single storey rear and first floor extension.
19/00468/HH - 40 Colchester Road, Halstead, Essex - Two storey side and single storey rear extensions.
18/01094/LBC & 18/01093/FUL - Mill House, The Causeway, Halstead - Proposed change of use from B1 (offices to C1 (Hotel) including internal and external alterations.
19/00474/HH - 10 White Horse Avenue, Halstead - Formation of pitched roof over existing attached outbuilding/garage. Over-cladding of part of existing brickwork forming attached outbuilding/garage.
19/00493/OUT - Land Off, Bournebridge Hill, Greenstead Green - Outline application for up to 200 residential dwellings (including 30% affordable housing), planting, landscaping, public open space and children's play area and sustainable drainage system (SuDS). All matters reserved with the exception of access.
19/00519/OUT - Outline application with all matters reserved for residential development of up to 29 dwellings and access. Land North Of, Slough Farm Road, Halstead
19/00563/HH - First floor extension over existing garage, 1Brook Farm Close, Halstead, Essex
19/00547/LBC - Internal alterations and external repairs - The Howe, Howe Chase, Hedingham Road
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements - report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
c) Purchase of new trailer – report attached here
d) Reconciliation – report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal report
9. Youth – verbal report
10. Town Plan meeting with BDC– verbal report
11. District Councillors - will have been updated at Annual Town meeting
12. Member/officer protocol – report attached here
14. Risk management review – report 14 attached here, 14(a) attached here, 14(b) attached here, 14(c) attached here, 14(d) attached here, 14(e) attached here, 14(f) attached here, 14(g) attached here, 14(h) attached here, 14(i) attached here, 14(j) attached here
15. Footbridge update – report attached here
17. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
S Greatorex - Town Clerk
1. a) Presentation of cheque to Veronica Harman of Halstead Day Centre by Town Clerk