Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor A Munday - Chairman
Councillor M Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor Mrs S A Diver
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor G Warren
Members of the Council are summonsed to the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Presentation of cheque by Town Clerk to Halstead Day care centre, of funds raised by Valentines Dance
b) Presentation by Braintree District Council on Ramsey Road
c) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 11th February 2019.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume - report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting
19/00168/OUT - Land West of Sudbury Road, Halstead - Outline planning permission for up to 200 residentail dwellings (including 30% affordable housing), planting, landscaping, public open space and children's play area and sustainable drainage system (SUDS). All matters reserved with the exception of access.
19/00145/HH & 19/00146/LBC - The White House, 32 High Street, Halstead - Replacement of rear kitchen extension and associated works, including new railing to front elevation
19/00210/LBC - 23 Mill Chase, Halstead, Essex - Removal of chimney breast and fireplace between Kitchen and Boot room at ground floor level only and insertion of supporting steel beam. CO9 2DQ
19/00240/HH - 1 Garden Yard, Parsonage Street, Halstead - Single storey extension to the existing cottage and additional car port
19/00185/FUL - 9 Gardeners Road, Halstead, Essex - Erection of 1 no. two bedroom dwelling with associated garaging and landscaping - (Revised scheme)
19/00269/HH - 71 New Street, Halstead, Essex - Proposed 2 storey and single storey rear extension; qualityy heritage style replacement windows and door to front of the house; new stained glass hallway window at ground level side elevation.
19/00186/FUL - Empire theatre, Butler Road, Halstead - Installation of a 1.2m Satelite Dish.
19/00294/FUL - 61 Kings Road, Halstead, Essex - Conversion of Brands Direct (use class B1) Head Office facility into 8 short term holiday lets (use class C1) together with associated minor alterations to plan layout and elevations and minor alterations to landscaping.
18/00387/HH - 5 Blamsters Crescent, Halstead, Essex - Form new front porch with pitched roof and part glazed upvc door with side panels.
19/00379/HH - Parsonage House, Parsonage Street, Halstead - Construction of double garage workshop and store.
19/00361/ADV - Land South of Oak Road, Halstead, Essex - 11 Signs comprising of 1 x Totem Sign, 1 x Main Sign, 2 x Visitor Parking Sign, 1 x Fascia Sign, 1 x Swing Sign, 3 x Secondary Sign, 2 x Show Homes Plaque and 12 Flags.
6. Mayor’s appointments - report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Finance. – report attached here
c) Payment for light in Butler Road car park – report attached here
d) Payment for churchyard tree work – report attached here
e) Reconciliation –report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal update
9. Youth – verbal update
10. District Councillors - verbal update
11. Christmas Office Hours – report attached here
12. Meeting with James Cleverly MP – report attached here
13. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
14. Empire Theatre lease renewal
15. Town Team Funds
11 March 2019