Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor A Munday - Chairman
Councillor M Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor Mrs S A Diver
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor G Warren
Members of the Council are summonsed to the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1a) Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
b) Dispensation for Cllr Hume
To approve a dispensation for Councillor David Hume from attending meetings of the Council by reason of illness for a further 2 month period
2.Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Public Question Time A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
b) Presentation by the Halstead Youth group HAPPY
c) Presentation by Snapdragon on behalf of Bellway Homes and the development off Sudbury Road
4. Minutes - To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 17th December 2018.
5.Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume –
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
18/01749/FUL - Land East of Sudbury Road, Halstead - Erection of 218 homes with associated infrastructure including SUDs features, new accesses from Tylneys Road and Winston Way, hard and soft landscaping and provision of public open space.
18/02313/OUT - Land East of Sloe Hill, Halstead - Erection of nine dwellings and access.
6.Mayors Appointments and Announcements –report attached
7 Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Finance – report attached
b) Extra payment for Christmas lights – report attached
d)Car park charges – report attached
e)Budget and Precept 2019/20 –report attached
f)Reconciliation – report attached here
g)Colchester Road allotments – report attached
8. Approval of 2019/20 Precept - report attached
9. Community Hall – verbal report
10. Youth – verbal report
11. District Councillors - verbal report
12. Allotments for Oak Road development – report attached
13. Report on meeting with leader of ECC and Andrew Cook – report attached
14. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
There is none.
7 January 2018