Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor A Munday - Chairman
Councillor M Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor Mrs S A Diver
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor G Warren
Members of the Council are summonsed to the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of the apologies
1a) Apologies for absence
1b) Dispensation for Cllr Hume
To approve a dispensation for Councillor David Hume from attending
meetings of the Council by reason of illness for a further 2 month period
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3a) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
b) Presentation by Halstead Connected by Tracey Parry, Community Services Manager, and Moira Groborz, Community Services Officer
c) Presentation on Fenn Road development by Hargreaves Land.
4. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 15th October 2018.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING
5a). The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
18/01876/OUT - Land North of Oak Road, Halstead - Outline planning application with all matters reserved for 28 market and 22 affordable dwellings, public open space and associated development.
18/01865/FUL - 17 Sloe Hill, Halstead, Essex - Proposed one and a half storey side extension.
18/01911/ADV - 9-11 High Street, Halstead,Essex - Integral illumination and screen to the ATM fascia. Internally illuminated Free cash Withdrawals sign above the ATM.
18/01909/FUL & 18/01910/LBC - 9 - 11 High Street, Halstead, Essex - Restrospective application for the installation of an ATM installed through glass to the shopfront.
5b) Planning Application 18/01111/FUL & 18/01112/LC – 59 / 61 High Street, Halstead, Essex – Proposed change of use and conversion of upper two storeys to form a one bedroom apartment and two bedroom apartment. Alterations to fenestration.
This Planning Application was considered at the Council Meeting on 13th August 2018 where the following comments were made: -
Councillor Munday proposed that Council has no objections to this application but asked that provision must be made for parking spaces. Proposal was seconded by Councillor Gronland and carried by unanimous vote
An email was received from the Planning Officer at Braintree District Council on Friday 19th October stating that the site is located in the centre of Halstead on Halstead High Street, and although ordinarily we would require a parking provision for all flats, it is considered that due to its location on this occasion for the conversion of the upper floors of this property into two bedroom apartments in the centre of town it is believed that it would be unnecessary to require parking for these properties.
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements -report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Monthly Finance. Report – report attached here
b) List of Payments to be approved - report attached
c) Section 106 monies - report attached here
d) New direct debit for franking machine – report attached here
e) Halstead in Bloom – report attached here
f) Reconciliation – report to follow
8. Community Hall – verbal report
9. Youth - verbal report
10. District Councillors - verbal report
11. Suggested Council meeting dates 2018/2019 – report attached here
12. Outings – report attached here
13 . Events – report attached here
14. Town infrastructure report update – report attached here
15. Extra textile bin in Chapel Street carpark – report attached
16. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”
There is none
5 November 2018