Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor A Munday - Chairman
Councillor M Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor Mrs S A Diver
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor G Warren
Members of the Council are summonsed to the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
a) Apologies for absence
b) Dispensation for Cllr Hume
To approve a dispensation for Councillor David Hume from attending meetings of the Council by reason of illness for a six month period commencing 14th May 2018, in order to avoid Councillor Hume ceasing to be a member of the Council under Section 85 of the Local Government Act 1972.
Any extension to the dispensation for Councillor David Hume is subject to a further approval at the appropriate time as below;
To agree that any future dispensations under Section 85, in the event of there not being a timely meeting of Full Council to consider the matter, to delegate to the Town Clerk authority to agree dispensations, having obtained the agreement of all of the Councillors prior to giving such approval. This is subject to the Town Clerk reporting dispensations agreed under this delegation to the next appropriate meeting of Full Council.
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 17th September 2018.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume - report attached here
a) The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting
18/01649/FUL – 1 Garden Yard, Parsonage Street, Halstead – Extension of semi detached 2 storey cottage with outbuilding for carport and garden room.
ESS/27/18/BTE - Halstead Anaerobic Digestion Facility, Land north of Bluebridge Industrial Estate, Halstead, Essex - Continued operation of the anaerobic digestion plant without compliance with conditions 4 (hours of operation) and 22 (waste catchment) attached to permission ref. ESS/04/15/BTE to allow the operations to commence at 07.00 am Monday to Saturday and waste to be imported from beyond the existing 30 mile radius catchment.
18/01647/FUL - Royal Mail, Halstead Delivery Office, 46 High Street, Halstead - Installation of new fire exit door
18/01667/LBC - 13 The Causeway, Halstead, Essex - Replacement of existing guttering and down pipes
18/01722/FUL - 4 Chaffinch Way, Halstead, Essex - Proposed Garden Room
18/01778/FUL - 11 Grange Close, Halstead, CO9 1NB - Alterations and addition to form a ground floor bedroom and shower room
18/01803/OUT - Land at the Junction of Brook Street and Fenn Road, Halstead, Essex - Outline planning permission for up to 70 dwellings (including 30 affordable housing), landscaping, public open space and sustainable drainage system (SuDs) with all matters reserved apart from access.
18/01813/FUL - 132 Colchester Road, Halstead, Essex - Single storey front and side extensions.Painting of existing cladding/rendering and renderng of existing brickwork
18/01780/FUL – 28 Acorn Avenue, Halstead, Essex – Single storey extension.
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements - report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Finance – report attached here
c) Reconciliation - report attached here
d) Replacement of Reception PC – report attached here
e) Training budget review – report attached here
f) Draft Town Plan Graphics and Text Update – report attached here
8. Community Hall - report to follow
9. Youth - report to follow
10. District Councillors - report to follow
11a. Working Action Plan – report attached here
11b. Local Council Award Scheme - Foundation Level resolution– report attached here
11c. Supporting information for 11b - report attached here
12. Management of churchyard trees – report attached here
13. Alarm for Courtaulds’ equipment containers – report attached here
14. Tree in Holy Trinity churchyard – report attached here
15. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
There are none
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk
09 October 18