Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor A Munday - Chairman
Councillor M Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor Mrs S A Diver
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor G Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence (approval of apologies to be noted)
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. b) Presentation by Snapdragon consulting
4. Minutes To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 13th August 2018.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume –
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
18/01248/FUL - Lynn House, Upper Chapel Street, Halstead - Conversion of double garage creating new annex accommodation to form living area to ground floor with bedroom and en-suite above. – to be reconsidered with additional pictures supplied by email on16/08/18
18/00926/FUL - 4 Mount Hill, Halstead, Essex - Erection of single and two storey rear extension
18/01449/LBC - Windmill House, Mill Chase, Halstead - Alterations to Listed Building to restore the surfaces of the structural timber and flooring by a variety of means including chemical treatments and sanding.
18/00454/FUL - Walnut Tree House 9 Gardeners Road Halstead Essex CO9 2JU - Erection of 1no. two bedroom dwelling with associated parking and landscaping.
18/01533/FUL - Lyndale, Tidings Hill, Halstead - Erection of 3 bedroom dwelling, revised from that approved within planning references 15/01534/FUL and 17/02273/FUL
18/01440/FUL & 18/01441/LBC - Whispers Wine Bar, 26 High Street, Halstead - Repairs and alterations after fire damage
18/01481/FUL - Halstead Hall, Braintree Road, Halstead - Demolish outbuilding, extend and refurbish existing redundant building to form 25 bed dementia unit and erect bin and cycle stores, erect 30 bungalows and layout associated car parking, drainage and landscaping.
1801541/FUL - Parkfields Baptist Church, White Horse Avenue, Halstead - Demolition of existing church and the erection of 2 No. 3 bed semi-detached houses and 1 No. 2 bed detached house
TRO (Traffic Regulation Order) - Brook Farm Close, Halstead - Yellow lines on the bend leading from the main road to our driveway access to keep road clear giving us access and safe for everyone pulling in and out of turning.
18/01550/FUL - Bartholomew House, Colchester Road, Halstead - Conversion to 5 no. Flats.
18/01157/FUL & 18/01158/LBC - 1A Head Street, Halstead, Essex - Change of use of shop to one bedroom dwelling.
18/01616/LBC - The White House, 32 High Street, Halstead - Removal of chimney stack
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements -report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Finance. – report attached here
c) Approval of external auditor’s report – report attached here
d) Reconciliation – report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal update
9. Youth – verbal update
10. District Councillors - verbal update
11. Speeding in Halstead – report attached here
12. Tommy Silhouette – report attached here
13. Covers for the car park ticket machines – report attached here
14. Buying updated excess charge tickets- report attached here
15. Process of tendering – report attached here
16. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
There is none.
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk 10/9/18