Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor A Munday - Chairman
Councillor M Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor Mrs S A Diver
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor G Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence (approval of apologies to be noted).
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. b) Presentation of cheque to TAPs charity by former mayor Cllr Shirley Diver
4. Minutes To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 16th July 2018.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume – report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
18/01187/FUL - Natwest Customer Service Centre, 31 High Street, Halstead – Conversion of a former bank building into funeral directors, with provision of two staff apartments on the first floor, one of which includes a small, one-room extension. New access and three parking spaces at the rear of the property.
18/01296/VAR - Land Adjacent, 1 Brook Farm Close, Halstead - Application for variation of conditions 2 and 3 of planning permission 16/02145/FUL- to allow design change
18/01297/FUL & 18/01298/LBC - Brook Farm House, Colchester Road, Halstead - Proposed conversion of garage to dwelling and new driveway access
18/01221/FUL & 18/01222/LBC - 103-105 Head Street, Halstead, Essex - Internal alterations and demolition of existing rear conservatory. Erection of single storey replacement rear porch. Repair and repaint existing woodwork and windows, replace existing front door, bi-fold gates and existing side gate. Re-render of external walls.
18/01276/FUL - 85 Colchester Road, Halstead, Essex - Erection of 4 New dwellings and associated works.
18/01300/FUL & 18/01301/LBC - 2 - 4 Head Street, Halstead, Essex - Proposed site access & parking space
18/01248/FUL - Lynn House, Upper Chapel Street, Halstead - Conversion of double garage creating new annex accommodation to form living area to ground floor with bedroom and en-suite above.
18/01367/FUL - Halstead Hall (Formerly Attwoods), Braintree Road, Halstead - Single storey rear extension to provide ancillary spaces to service nursing home. Construct brick entrance piers to both main and staff entrances to the site.
18/01233/FUL - 12 Sloe Hill, Halstead, Essex - Two and single storey rear extension
18/01111/FUL & 18/01112/LBC - 59- 61 High Street, Halstead, Essex - Proposed change of use and conversion of upper two storey to form a one bedroom apartment and two bedroom apartment. Alterations to fenestration.
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements -report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Finance. – report attached here
c) CIF funding– report attached here
d) Reconciliation – report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal update
9. Youth – verbal update
10. District Councillors - verbal update
11. Standing orders update – report attached here
12. Extra Christmas Lights – report attached here
14. Town infrastructure – report attached here
15. Toilet refurbishment – report attached here
16. Town Plan report – report attached here
17. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
18. Toilet refurbishment appointment of contractor
Sarah Greatorex - Town Clerk 06/08/18